The Lion Electric Co. (Lion) and Boivin Evolution (BEV) are proud to announce the first sales of Lion8 chassis with fully automated side load bodies to Waste Connections, Inc., a leading provider of non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling and disposal services in the U.S. and Canada.
The introduction of these electric vehicles into markets in Washington and Florida will represent the first applications of zero-emission trucks with fully electric waste collection bodies and automated arms in North America.
For Waste Connections, this investment furthers the Company’s sustainability efforts and is consistent with its commitment to growing and expanding its environmental initiatives through technology and innovation.
Developed for the electric market, the combination of the Lion8 chassis and the BEV all-electric automated side-loading body offers a cost-effective waste management solution, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
“We are excited to lead the industry with the introduction of the Lion-Boivin electric vehicles to our markets and look forward to expanding their application.
This investment in zero emission vehicles furthers our continuing efforts to reduce our environmental impact and expand our capabilities within the communities we serve,” said Worthing F. Jackman, President and CEO of Waste Connections.
The advantages of the Lion8 with BEV
- Range of 130 miles for a full day of operation (1,200 homes) on a single charge
- No noise pollution
- Optimal visibility and turning radius
- Zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- No hydraulic pumps, valves, tubings, hoses and fluid. All arm and body movements are powered by the battery that drives electric motors for each function
- Overnight recharging when the truck is not in operation and when demand for electricity is lower, which reduces energy costs
- Savings of up to 80% on total energy costs
- 60% lower service costs thanks to the simple, low-maintenance electric powertrain that has few components
- Oil-free operation with very few moving parts
- Longer lasting brakes due to regenerative braking system
Never before have waste collection trucks been so beneficial to our planet, our society, and our quality of life.
For more information, visit thelionelectric.com/en