The global motorcycle and bicycle market is expected to decline from $78.4 billion in 2019 to $77.3 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.5%.
The decline is mainly due to economic slowdown across countries owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and the measures to contain it.
The market is then expected to recover and grow at a CAGR of 9% from 2021 and reach $97.4 billion in 2023.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the global motorcycle and bicycle market, accounting for 41% of the market in 2019.
North America was the second largest region accounting for 20% of the global motorcycle and bicycle market.
Africa was the smallest region in the global motorcycle and bicycle market.
Vehicle to vehicle communication and infotainment systems are the important technology trends in motorcycle safety.
These infotainment systems have been highly adopted by companies such as Harley-Davidson, BMW and Honda bringing connectivity, entertainment and information to riders and providing important information in the most convenient manner.
However, the more interesting development in vehicle to vehicle technology new smartphone apps and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and self-driving autonomous vehicles.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography.
It places the market within the context of the wider motorcycle and bicycle market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the Covid 19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of Covid 19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The motorcycle and bicycle market section of the report gives context. It compares the motorcycle and bicycle market with other segments of the motor vehicles market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, motorcycle and bicycle indicators comparison.
- Harley Davidson
For more information, visit www.researchandmarkets.com