March 27, 2019 – For the eighth-consecutive year, several Denny’s locations in Floridawill be supporting hundreds of riders participating in the 2019 Florida Tour De Force, a five-day, 270-mile charity bicycle ride that raises awareness for Florida law enforcement personnel lost in the line of duty during 2018. Since its inception, the annual event has raised more than $500,000 for the families of Florida fallen officers, law enforcement and related organizations.
The 22nd annual Florida Tour De Force bicycle ride will begin on Monday, April 1 at the Denny’s location in North Miami Beach and continue up the Florida Coast before concluding in Daytona Beach on Friday, April 5. Participants will ride through 62 different law enforcement jurisdictions, stopping at multiple Denny’s locations including restaurants in Lake Worth, Port Saint Lucie and Titusville.
“At Denny’s, we are honored to help support our law enforcement officers and the families of these fallen heroes,” said Denise Gaines, senior manager of field marketing for Denny’s.”We cannot thank the servicemen and women enough for their efforts and heroism to keep our cities safe. We are incredibly thankful to be a part of Florida Tour de Force each year and show a small token of our appreciation.”
The five-day ride is organized and operated by devoted volunteers of the Florida law enforcement community and 100% of the amount raised is donated to the surviving family members: This year’s honorees include:
- Police Officer Jermaine T. Brown, Miami-Dade Police Department
- Detective Larry Marrero, Miami-Dade Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff Ricky Carlton Anderson, Polk County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Sheriff Kevin James Stanton, Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Sheriff Taylor Fletcher Lindsey, Gilchrist County Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Noel Beltran Ramirez, Jr., Gilchrist County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Sheriff William J. Gentry, Jr., Highlands County Sheriff’s Office
- Police Officer Lance Christian Whitaker, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
- Police Officer Thomas Coulter, Daytona Beach Police Department
- Correctional Officer Tawanna Marin, Florida Department of Corrections
- Police Officer Adam Edward Jobbers-Miller, Fort Myers Police Department
- Deputy Sheriff Benjamin LeMont Zirbel, Clay County Sheriff’s Office
To increase its impact this year, Denny’s locations in Lake Worth, North Miami Beach and Cutler Bay held a special benefit night with a portion of all restaurant sales going to Florida Tour de Force.
Those interested in participating in this year’s ride or supporting Tour de Force through an online donation can visit www.FloridaTourdeForce.org. For more information and directions to participating Denny’s restaurants, please visit www.dennys.com.