The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) today announced the agenda and featured speakers for LISA’s 24th Annual Fall Life Settlement & Compliance Conference, the longest-running professional conference in the life settlement industry, to be held October 21st-23rd at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, just outside of Orlando, Fla.
“The life settlement industry has been enjoying steady growth in recent years and our members are projecting to sustain that growth for the next decade as more seniors become aware of the life settlement option as an alternative to lapsing or surrendering a life insurance policy,” said Darwin M. Bayston, CFA, president and chief executive officer of LISA. “This year’s conference will provide attendees with deeper visibility into those attractive market conditions, with an all-star faculty of thought leaders from the life insurance and life settlement industries.”
The event will open on October 21st with a one-day “Compliance Track” program designed specifically for compliance professionals and attorneys. A series of sessions will review best practices for the closing process of life settlements, practical ways to improve the transaction experience for consumers, an update on key legislative and regulatory developments in the industry, a presentation on recent trends in litigation, and an experts panel (on October 22nd) regarding how to conduct thorough due diligence in a life settlement transaction. Participants are eligible to obtain CLE credits.
The main conference will take place on October 22nd-23rd and will kick-off with a keynote address from Dan Veto, senior advisor at Age Wave, a leading consulting firm that specializes in understanding the aging population. Veto will inform attendees about how the “age wave” of baby boomers will transform the economy, the workplace and our lives, as well as offer tips on the most effective way to market to this crucial demographic audience.
Other featured sessions for the conference will include:
- A second keynote address from Bob MacDonald, retired CEO of Allianz Life and the founder of LifeUSA Insurance, who will draw on his decades of experience in the life insurance business to offer a perspective on the future of the U.S. life settlement industry.
- A presentation from Richard Whitbeck, chairman of Atlantic Brokerage, who will discuss critical questions regarding the evolution of how the life settlement industry interacts with financial advisors.
- A panel discussion featuring industry experts Matthew Sheridan (investment management consultant to QuantRes) and Brian Casey (partner at Locke Lord LLP) that will offer predictions about the future of “Big Data” and possible changes to the life settlement transaction.
- A session regarding how to connect more effectively with life insurance policy owners who might be interested in the life settlement option, featuring John Mitchell, CPA.
- An update provided by Steven Sklaver, partner at Susan Godfrey LLP, regarding recent developments in the controversial “Cost of Insurance” litigation and what it means for the life settlement marketplace.
“LISA’s Fall Conference will bring together professionals who participate in all aspects of the life settlement industry – brokers, providers, institutional investors, actuaries, attorneys, accountants and many other industry professionals – for a program that combines a breadth of serious educational content with informal networking opportunities,” said Bayston.
The theme for LISA’s Fall 2018 conference is “World of Opportunities” and it will take place at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. A discounted hotel rate is available to anyone who registers prior to September 29th.
Special early-bird conference registration fees are available until August 24th. For more information or to register now, please click here.