Nov. 8, 2017 – Wynwood Walls, the famed epicenter of the Wynwood Arts District renowned for its exceptional and continually evolving collection of curated street art, has announced its theme of “humanKIND” for Art Basel Miami Art Week. Goldman Properties will be unveiling 12 new murals on its iconic walls aligning with sculptural installations tied to “humankind.”
At a time when the world has seen the best and worst of humanity, Goldman Properties, the owner of the Wynwood Walls, and Goldman Global Arts, an offshoot of Goldman Properties, selected “humanKIND” to infuse compassion, humanity and empathy in today’s society. This concept aims to manifest hope into the world, and the uplifting artwork curated by Goldman Global Arts will continue to be an inspiration to the community and beyond.
Jessica Goldman Srebnick, CEO of Goldman Properties and Goldman Global Arts, has hand-selected and thoughtfully curated a diverse roster of talent to continuously transform the Wynwood Art District. By giving this dynamic group a platform to showcase their work, Goldman Global Arts is representing the global pulse of humanKIND.
“Art Basel Miami is an opportunity to showcase visionary works from elite artists that provide Wynwood visitors, who come to us from all around the world, with a unique, global experience. We choose a theme each year to reflect what we want to say to this international audience, and this year, humanKIND is a highly relevant message,” said Jessica Goldman Srebnick. “The world needs an infusion of kindness more than ever. If we can inspire people to act with kindness towards one another, then we can accomplish our goal of not only promoting creativity, but also inspiring action. Art is universal. It speaks to all humanKIND.”
Artists that will take part in Wynwood Walls’ Art Basel Program include: Seth Globepainter (France), Joe Iurato (USA), Leon Keer (Amsterdam), Tristan Eaton (USA), Lady Pink (USA), eL Seed (France), 2SHY (France), Audrey Kawasaki (USA), Bordalo II (Portugal), Pro176 (France), Risk (USA) and Martin Watson (Norway).
In addition, the Goldman Global Arts Gallery will be featuring original works by each participating artist, expanding the gallery’s diverse collection that provides an in-depth and unique experience, even for the savviest collector. Wynwood Walls has earned its reputation by elevating the genre of graffiti and street art through curating dynamic, bright and larger-than-life murals year-round. With names ranging from those that are highly coveted to newer names on the street art scene, art enthusiasts around the world eagerly await the unveiling of new walls during Art Basel Miami Art Week.
Citi will return as Wynwood Walls‘ Presenting Sponsor, supporting the program’s public art and events. Citi is also supporting an initiative with Pro176, one of the artists participating in humanKIND. In addition to his mural at Wynwood Walls, Pro176’s work will be visible on 600 Miami Citi Bikes and at Citi Bike stations.
“At Citi, we’re proud to once again sponsor an incredible exhibition that elicits emotion and spotlights talent, creativity and unique expression at Wynwood Walls for Art Basel,” said Mindy Mercaldo, Managing Director responsible for Citibank’s Central Southeast region. “Miami residents are always looking for what’s next and this is one more way for Citi to support an iconic cultural experience that brings joy and delight.”
Wynwood Walls/Goldman Properties Event Schedule to Date
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 – Monday, December 4, 2017
- Wynwood Walls Begins Art Basel Preparations — Participating artists in Wynwood Walls’ Art Basel Program will start working on their installations. The Wynwood Art District will be open during this time, where spectators will be able to watch these artists in action. Wynwood Walls will then be closed on December 5thfor Art Basel set up and will re-open on December 6th as scheduled.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017
- Wynwood Walls, Free and Open to the Public during Art Basel Miami Art Week. Walls will be open from 10AM until Midnight from Thursday, December 7 through Sunday, December 10. Regular hours will resume December 11th.
- Goldman Global Arts Gallery Exhibition — Featuring original works by the artists of the Wynwood Walls. Opened for special hours during Art Basel: 10AM until Midnight. Regular hours will resume December 11th.
- Artist Talk panel discussion with the artists of Wynwood Walls, in the Goldman Global Arts Gallery on December 7. Time and panel speakers to be confirmed. Visit thewynwoodwalls.com/artbasel for more information.
Follow @wynwoodwallsofficial on Instagram to stay up to date on all events taking place during Miami Art Week.